Week 6: Good Bye!

My time in Ghana has come to an end. I have had a great time learning about sanitation in Ghana, meeting new people, experiencing Ghanaian culture and investigating the possibility of establishing a Lancaster University accredited PhD centre in Ghana.

In my last week I took a trip to Kumasi to meet with CSIR - Crop Research Institute, to discuss the possibility of carrying out a plasma technology project within their institute. I also met with the Agricultural Engineering Department at KNUST to talk to the final year students about the prospects of an engineering graduate. Whilst at KNUST, I discussed with the head of department the possibility of a PhD collaboration with Lancaster University.

My last weekend was spent at Cape Coast - a fishing town in the Central Region. In Cape Coast, I visited Kakum National Park and did the canopy walk. We also visited and had a tour of Cape Coast Castle.






I was sad to say goodbye to the amazing people I met whilst doing my internship.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4-5: Toilet testing

Toilets in Ghana

Greetings from Ghana