Greetings from Ghana

At the end of June I finished a Mechanical Engineering degree at Lancaster University and have since been carrying out this Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) summer research internship.


The prospect of being able to benefit communities within the Global South is what initially drew me to study engineering and remains the primary focus of my academic pursuits. Therefore, I am very excited to have been given this opportunity to work alongside the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in Ghana in their development of sanitation technology for low-income communities.

Through this blog I will be sharing what I am doing as part of my research internship in Ghana. The internship is funded by the Global Challenges Research Fund through Lancaster University and I am working with the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) within their Institute of Industrial Research (IIR).

The two aims of this internship are to further development of the sanitation technologies and to establish PhD projects for Ghanaians to carry out through Lancaster University in collaboration with the CSIR.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4-5: Toilet testing

Toilets in Ghana