Week 1: Introductions and Inductions

At the CSIR-IIR, I was shown around the institute and was given an overview of the different projects that are being carried out. Projects such as; herbal extraction plant, the incineration of hospital waste, refractory bricks manufacturing, and a waste to energy plant.





The development of the toilets was explained to me. I was shown the other toilet designs which had been developed by other institutions. I also accompanied two toilet delivery trips, the toilets were delivered in two different municipalities; La Nkwantanan-Madina and Ga West.









Aside from being introduced CSIR-IIR, I also had a few meetings with members of staff who are very interested in carrying out PhDs at Lancaster University. It was great to hear their ideas and I have been in contact with academics at Lancaster University who are interested in supervising these projects.

I have been fully immersed into life at the CSIR-IIR and was able to attend the Directors Meetings Committee (DMC) meeting. Directors from the different CSIR institutes met to discuss affecting the CSIR.





On Friday, I attended ‘Innovate Ghana,’ which provides an opportunity for students to present their entrepreneurial ideas. 

Aside, from CSIR-IIR related things I have been enjoying the Ghanaian cuisine. And have been on took a trip up Aburi Mountain on Saturday and joined in with some local early morning aerobics classes!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4-5: Toilet testing

Toilets in Ghana

Greetings from Ghana